Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baked goods and muffin-tops!

We've made it through two whole weeks without a doctor appointment! It's just a taste of what's to come. It was difficult at times since we're already used to checking in on baby at least once a week. Every time I start to feel good I get a little nervous, but then I get nauseated and exhausted, and I'm kindly reminded that baby is doing just fine. Tomorrow's a big day; it's our first appointment with our OB. I called yesterday to verify the time and address of my appointment, and learned that my OB-gyne who did all my preliminary tests, fertility drugs, intra-uterine inseminations, and my surgery back in November is no longer delivering at CDH. Everything happens for a reason though; I was just commenting to my mom that I was considering switching to another doctor within the same practice but felt Dr. Weeks knew me so well I should stick with him... Well, I don't have a choice anymore. The doctor I've chosen was one who during one of my intra-uterine inseminations last year insisted on giving me a shot of lidocaine into the cervix- his theory is "why should my patients be in any unnecessary pain?". Well, isn't that who I want to deliver my baby?! Yes! So I'm excited to see him again tomorrow. I'm more excited/anxious to check in on the baby and see that (he's) doing well.

So, I have a belly on me. I'm sure I can attribute a bit to the routine of eating every 90 minutes. This is the only thing I've found to keep the nausea controlled. The last 4 days or so have been much better for me. I've gained about 4.5 pounds so far with just over 2 weeks to go in the first trimester. We've taken pictures every week since week 5; it's funny to see the change- slight but definite. The old 'hair rubber band through the button hole and around the button' trick is keeping me in my regular clothes. Otherwise, I've got serious muffin-top going on with a hard time breathing in those tight pants, and sooo uncomfortable. Christian took me to Target, (big spenders we are) and we picked up some casual loose fitting tops. I got brave yesterday and threw on a long tank top with one of my not so old tops over it. OOOHHHHH NOOOOO she didn't!! Ripped that puppy right off and put on my new Target top! It was a sight. I know people are noticing my habits... today a patient brought in a huge assortment of fresh baked goods from their family bakery. Why did TWO co-workers march right over to let me know about "all the baked goods in the back room"?! (Love those cherry turn-overs).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

look it how cute you look