Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I already have all my parts!


We had our last ultrasound at the fertility clinic today... My first appointment with our OB doc is on Wednesday July 16th. Baby's grown to just over 14mm, about 3/4ths of an inch. However, don't let that small size fool you! Baby has all the organs and body parts we do; they just need to develop more! The hands and feet are still slightly webbed, but in a few days they'll have developed into tiny fingers and toes.



In this picture, you can see the back view of the baby. The head is at the top, the spinal cord can be seen, and those round spots on the sides are the arms and legs!!! There's still a little tail but that will be gone by next week! The black area around the baby is the amniotic sac. All this in just under EIGHT WEEKS!



This last shot is a side view that shows where the umbilical cord attaches to the placenta. I think baby is waving hello to us! At first I thought my amazement came from this being OUR BABY, but this is just plain amazing no matter how I look at it. At less than an inch, my baby has arms and legs, hands and feet, a beating heart, eyes, lungs, kidneys... and so smart (he) already knows how to wave! WOW! Oh, and I should mention, we are not going to find out the sex of our baby until birth. I've been asked that a lot.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so cute!!! wow the baby is coming along!!