Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 15, 2008

Thoughts from Daddy...


Hi there everyone! I thought it would be about that time to make my cameo appearance on this wonderful blog that Joelle has been maintaining. At this point in our journey, I am so incredibly happy that nothing I say on this blog will come even remotely close to how I truly feel inside.

It is indeed, a very special time for Joelle and me. We are so grateful to have family and friends who have been there for us. The cards, e-mails, text messages, hugs, kisses, prayers, support, advice, and well wishes have meant the world to us. Every single day, we talk about how lucky we are to be surrounded by such loving, caring, and thoughtful people.

The In Vitro process, in itself, is pretty amazing. Of course, there are times that I have said, ‘why are we going through this?’ or ‘why can’t we just have a baby already?’ But just like anything else in our lives, Everything Happens for a Reason. I know this is the path that God had intended for us to travel and so we continue to focus on the experience and the journey. I know deep down inside that we will have a beautiful baby soon and that is all that matters.

Joelle has been unbelievable. From the difficult ordeal that we went through during round one of the process to all of the preparations, medication regimes, and sacrifices she has made has really gave me a whole new perspective on things. It took a while for us to get back on our feet from round one. Again, the whole idea of In Vitro is so overwhelming in itself, that it was hard to be given more bad news. But because she had so much faith and was able to say, ‘Let’s do it again,’ was when I was able to gain so much from all this experience.

We are only 18 weeks pregnant, but life changes for us every day! I understand tha
t we still have a long, long way to go, but we have also come a very long way too. Thank you again to all of you! I can not tell you enough how appreciative I am every time people ask me how things are going. Nobody is oblivious to life’s trials and tribulations. I have learned that each and every one of us have difficult times to go through. But it is the people around us, the attitude we take, and of course God, that will ultimately guide us through it all.

Joelle has the cutest bump on her belly and I can’t stop touching it! It is awesome. We have also tried to implement some new ground rules for Pacey and Riley to adhere to with the baby coming in February. Take good care everyone and hope to hear from you soon!
-Christian
Baby and I are feeling great... I feel completely back to normal with the exception of feeling like I have a small watermelon tucked in my belly. Sometimes it gets so tight, I find it hard to breathe. That's usually after I'm done eating though. I'm feeling a lot more movement lately. It still feels like champagne bubbles but it's more frequent now. I'm still full of energy but I can't remember the last time I slept through the night. Surprisingly, I make it through the day without feeling exhausted. I'm getting excited to start considering what we will register for. Every now and then I read through "Baby Bargains", a book from Elissa, but I try not to read too much because I don't want to get too ahead of ourselves. I'm excited- I'm hearing that 20 weeks is a good time to make it out to the stores and play with the car seats and strollers, and see what feels right. All this before that third trimester comes and I'm tired all over again. I can't believe we're 5 months pregnant! Wow!! It is music to my ears; still hard to believe. Sometimes I look in the mirror as I'm walking by and it brings a smile to my face, literally, when I see this belly! I got to see a lot of family this weekend at Julia's wedding, and feel so blessed when I think of all the support and prayers we have. Thank you all so much. We love you.
(I'd like to mention that the pants I have on in these pictures are the first gift I ever got from Christian... they are from the first time we dated in 2001! They're so comfy, I've worn holes through the seams in the legs. Awww... so special.)

1 comment:

Pamela said...

How in the world are you 5 months already!? Wow. You're still so tiny, Joelle.

Chistian - You're an adorable blogger and the best hubby ever!

I love you guys.

Pamela