Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 20, 2008

Can you play that message again?


Well, the short story goes...
We started preparing for our second embryo transfer back in late March. On Wednesday May 28th, we went to our clinic, where they had already thawed two embryos for transfer. At 9:30am with a full bladder... no- a bursting bladder... the transfer took place. The next 12 days would be some of the longest yet. The first few days were manageable, I was on bed rest, and filled with hope. By day 8, I was DONE. I was angry, sad, frustrated, and anxious. By Friday, I had been rejuvenated by my mom who reminded me to take it one day at a time instead of focusing on how the heck I was gonna make it to Monday morning for our test results.(This picture was taken on Friday, June 6th at Ryan Inlow's wedding). Monday morning came, Christian and I went for my blood work, and then came home and took a nap. I found great happiness in sleep during this 12 day period- anything to make time pass. He went to work and came home at 1:15pm with lunch. We have a voicemail set up at our doctors office where we can check in for updates on medication dosages, lab results, etc. He asked me to check the messages, but there were no new ones. We ate. Then checked again. Nothing. Then again. And again. I told him I wouldn't check any more, cause I was going CRAZY!! We had to wait at least a half hour before I'd check again. At 2:34pm we called again and this time heard, "One New Voicemail"!!!!!!!! We sat on the couch together with our insides flipped inside out and upside down in anticipation. When I heard the nurses voice, I was sure the news wasn't good. Her voice was soft and gentle; like she was about to give us difficult news. And then she said the words we'll never forget..."Congratulations!! You're pregnant!!" The rest of a message was a blur- something about a future appointment, meds to continue, and considering an OB doc... blah blah blah. Our mouths hung open with no words coming out. Just tears in our eyes as we stared at each other. Christian said, "Uhhhh... Can you play that message again, so I can here the part where she says you're pregnant?!" Once we heard it the second time, we just cried and cried, and hugged, and cried. Ahhhhh. No words can explain the pressure relieved from my body. I just began to giggle.

No comments: