Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

MOOOO

We had our 16 week appointment today. It was pretty uneventful. We listened to fetal heart tones; baby's heart rate is about 150. I'm growing at the expected rate, and we will schedule our next appointment for four weeks from now at which time we will also schedule an ultrasound. (Yeah!!)

I continue to feel well, although I wish I was sleeping through the nights. I sleep so lightly and there's really nothing I can do about it. Plus the trips to the bathroom don't help; I thought that was supposed to stop by now... I'm getting up at least once to the bathroom and my internal alarm wakes me at 4am with a full bladder. I try to ignore it and sneak it that extra hour of sleep before I have to get up for work, but it's frustrating. Oh well, it's all for a great reason!

I'm really excited. Sandy and Vince gave us their pump- it's a HUGE cost savings, and it's a great model. The dual pump should have these puppies emptied out in about 20 minutes- perfect for when I return to work. The greatest part of the exchange was when my nephews, Shane and Branden, asked me "What's this thing for?". I answered, "it milks the cow" (thinking that would be way over their heads). And with that, Shane replied with a smirk on his face, "And you're the cow, right?!" We were cracking up.

No comments: