I'm HOME!! I came home last night; we left the hospital around 7:30 last night. The ride home was a bit nerve-racking due to the snow storm, but we got home safely. Christian gave me a great welcome home gift... comfy pj's, some comfy sweats, and a boppy wedge pillow to stick under my belly- it's great. My night was uneventful- good preparation for baby's arrival. I had my alarm set to take my meds every 4 hours. Each time, I'm supposed to drink up and have a snack too. Well, that leads to me having to wake up 2 hrs later to pee. Despite that, I was glad I was still able to fall asleep between alarms and bathroom breaks.Marla came over and saved me today! Christian went out to work and do some last minute running around. She brought me a "project". I was anticipating what this project was- I got an album and paper and other scrapbooking supplies. She helped me to download all my pregnancy pics to Walgreens website to get them printed and in the mean time she helped around the house by wrapping some gifts, making food for tomorrow, and getting the place tidied up. What a great help!
I didn't mention that Baby's estimated weight was 4.6 lbs at our appointment last
Thursday. I'm reading that the average weight at 32 weeks is 3.75 lbs, so that was good news. As of Tuesday morning, I was 70% effaced, but not dilated. That's a big change from my first check a few hours after admission into the hospital when I wasn't effaced or dilated. However, if I can keep the contractions under control, I'm told I might be able to stay this way for a few weeks... I have my next visit to the doctor on Tuesday, so we'll see if things are changing at that time. (Hope not).
Thursday. I'm reading that the average weight at 32 weeks is 3.75 lbs, so that was good news. As of Tuesday morning, I was 70% effaced, but not dilated. That's a big change from my first check a few hours after admission into the hospital when I wasn't effaced or dilated. However, if I can keep the contractions under control, I'm told I might be able to stay this way for a few weeks... I have my next visit to the doctor on Tuesday, so we'll see if things are changing at that time. (Hope not).
Christian went to Mass tonight with his parents and will be home after that. It doesn't feel like Christmas Eve to me, but I look forward to tomorrow, spending the evening with our families. I'm just glad to be home and with a baby in my belly! Merry Christmas Everyone!

2 comments:
Glad you made it home and all is well....merry Christmas to you and Chris!
Susan Degnan
Merry Christmas. Will continue to pray for the Tolentino family. Send me your email. so I can forward you some potential mural references.-
Post a Comment