Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

No progression is good progression.

We went for our non stress test and weekly appointment last evening. Baby is doing well according to the non stress test. Baby is moving plenty and the heart rate and rhythm look good. I was having frequent contractions yesterday but the great news is that I am still 70% effaced and not dilated! As Dr. Seigel said, contractions are just contractions unless they are changing my progress. And during the last week, I've not progressed. (He also mentioned my "butler" Christian must be doing an excellent job and to keep doing what we're doing because it's working well).
I'm on strict bedrest through the end of the week and then I can start to do a little bit more. I anticipate I'll do well out of the house this Saturday at the Tolentino baby shower and hope I can then attend my scheduled classes during the following weeks. We have an infant care class on Monday the 5th and a breastfeeding class on Tuesday the 13th. We were originally signed up for Lamaze as well, but I heard mixed opinions from friends and ended up cancelling. Now I'm thinking I'd like to sign up, especially since I have a good chance of a normal delivery without c-section, but it's 3 hrs long on 3 different nights. That seems like a bit much. One of the nurses mentioned I might be able to have someone come to the house and do an overview of the class since I'm on bedrest, so I need to call the hospital and find out if that really is an option.
Today's been nice. I slept so well last night; I went to bed early last night and was able to fall asleep after each dose of medicine I took during the night and didn't wake up till 8am. Since I'm up I've gotten a few more pages of my scrap book done, made some doctor appointments and watched some TV. I really want to get the ultrasound picture of Baby T posted, but I can't get the scanner to cooperate. Christian will check it out for me.
Tonight is gonna be wild! New Years Eve '08...
Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments: