Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 16, 2009

We've reached our 36 week goal!!!

We had three beautiful baby showers... they were amazing. So much hard work was put into them and we are so thankful to everyone!
Overall Baby has been behaving. We had an appointment on Tuesday morning and I wasn't yet dilated. However, when we had our weekly non stress test, doc wasn't seeing what he wanted. So he sent us back to the hospital for a few hours of monitoring. We were there for about 4 hours and by the time we left we were in good shape. They like to see a 15 beat acceleration of baby's heart that lasts for 15 seconds with baby movement. The expectation is to see 3 of these in 10 minutes of monitoring, but they weren't seeing that at the doc's office. I had eaten breakfast and drank some water, but they gave me OJ to see if that would help, they used the loud buzzer on my belly and that didn't work either. So that's when they sent me over to CDH. I think baby was asleep because at that time of morning I don't usually feel baby being really active, so I wasn't extremely concerned. Sure enough, within a few hours, we were getting the expected outcomes from Baby. And as usual, as the day went on we had increased activity!
Today will be my last dosages of medication. I'm 36 weeks tomorrow, so they feel comfortable that if I'm having contractions and go into labor, we are in a safe zone and it would be okay for me to deliver. The last few days I've been having a lot of contractions breaking right through the medications, but that doesn't really mean anything either... So only time will tell! I've washed Baby's clothes and started to put the nursery together. We don't want to get too much together because we are having carpet installed in just over a week to our upper level. So we're kind of in a holding pattern with a living room and dining room filled with baby items. We'll start bringing some of the items that won't be needed till Baby is a little older down to the basement to save room in the mean time.
My next scheduled appointment is on Tuesday evening and we'll have a better idea of our plan then. I may go back to work if I'm still not dilated... doc said he normally wouldn't allow that but as long as I don't do any lifting, he feels the safest place for me is probably at work since if I do go into labor I'm already at the hospital! I'd like to go back. I kind of miss being there. I know that feeling won't last once I have my baby, so why not go in and make some money?! Regardless of my feelings, I'll see what Dr. Heimburger has to say on Tuesday and leave the final decision up to him. Oh, and as for what led to all this in the first place: we saw the maternal fetal specialist last Friday who is quite sure it's due to placental abruption. And I should mention that we saw an ultrasound of Baby T that day, and this baby looks just like Daddy!! We're getting closer and are SO EXCITED!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such great news!! I'm so sorry I missed your shower. (I hope my gift arrived in time!) Glad to hear you had fun, and even more glad that you and baby are doing well! Can't wait to get the phone call that Baby T is here! Love you - Jess