Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Big Fish

We had our 38 week appointment yesterday. I am 95% effaced and 1cm dilated. We're getting there. I had no luck (obviously) with the spicy mexican food and did go to Jewel for the raspberry tea, but found only raspberry flavored tea, even in the organic isle. I am still on the lookout. However, I have made a promise to myself that I will consider myself 4 weeks away from baby being born and anything sooner will be a "surprise". A very pleasant one at that.

Why 4 weeks?? Because when I reviewed Baby's potential 40 week birth weight with Dr. Heimburger yesterday and asked his opinion on induction, he gave me a very lengthy response as to why he doesn't believe in induction. In summary, I quote "your fish will only get as big as your aquarium". He believes my "fish" won't grow "that much more" between 40 and 42 weeks due to the size of my "aquarium". Therefore, there is no sense in disturbing mother nature until I am nearing the 42 week point. I can see where he's coming from, but COME ON!! My aquarium??!! Really??!! I wonder if he'd like to carry around a fish in his aquarium for an extra 2 weeks.


You see, at 35 weeks, the maternal-fetal specialist measured Baby T to be 6 lbs, 3 oz. If Baby were to grow the normal 1/2 lb per week, that would give me a 9 lb baby come Valentines Day. Keep in mind that the weight they told us has a one pound varience and this little one has been measuring big since it's conception. So, my math tells me that really leaves the potential of a 10 lb baby on Valentines Day... Can you understand my concern here?


Ahhh.. just FOUR more weeks...


One last thought: My friend Caitlin's response via text after seeing my last posted picture,"OMG!! U could possibly be having a toddler!"

3 comments:

Shelly Z. said...

You'd better hurry up! I picked 2/8 in the Baby pool and I intend to win! BTW...my friend Andrea Madura was a couple of years behind Christian in high school and had a big crush on him. She said he was soooo cute. She says he will remember her cousin, but probably not her because she was younger. She is turning 30 next month. Shelly

Pamela said...

That's a big fish.

Anonymous said...

I just got the news.... Please don't tell me he was the size of a toddler! So proud of you!! And happy for you! And excited... and thousands of other emotions!