Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 20, 2008

Truly a Miracle




On Wednesday, June 18th, we had our first appointment to confirm a healthy pregnancy. We were so nervous! All that excitement had suddenly escaped us and we were just plain nervous! We would find out today how many babies and make sure the pregnancy was in the uterus. Every thought was racing through our heads! When the picture showed up on the ultrasound screen, she confirmed we had one baby in the uterus. Relief came over us again as we filled with a whole new set of emotions. Christian and I were holding on to each others hand as she explained what we were looking at; the gestational sac, the yolk, and the fetus! Then I saw the most beautiful thing in my whole world... she zoomed in on the fetus, and there it was. My baby has a beating heart!!! Words again escaped us, but Christian said his happiest moment was looking at me watching the screen as a big smile came upon my face. This is the ultrasound picture from that day at 5.5 wks pregnant. The arrow is pointing to the fetus. What a cutie patootie!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My heart is filled with joy and happiness for you both...words can not explain. Baby Tolentino is absolutely beautiful!! I love you both!!
Love and many many blessings,
Chelsea

Anonymous said...

I think the baby looks a little like Rosie and a little like me. How lucky can you be, precious? Love you. Mom

Anonymous said...

P.S. For everyone's info, Precious is my name for the baby, not for Joelle, even though she is pretty precious much of the time.

Pamela said...

Like Chelsea, words couldn't possibly explain the joy that I have in my heart for the two of you. I couldn't dream up a more deserving couple and can't wait for the next chapter (mood swings and all)!

I love you both so much...
Pam

Tolentino214 said...

Thanks for clarifying mom. I think you're pretty precious too. XOXO