Hooray!!! We have made it through the first trimester. Yesterday was a big day for us. I have been looking forward to August 2nd for a long time; I only have to take my shot once a day now. I've been giving myself shots in the bootie twice a day for about four months now. In addition, I was able to stop taking my oral prescription yesterday. Ahhhhh... now the next big day is August 16th when I have NO shots at all!! What a relief.
So the questions I'm being asked are "Do you feel any better?" and "Have you gotten some energy back?". Well, I certainly have been feeling better. The only times I get nauseated are if I wait too long to eat (which is back to a near normal schedule, not every 90 minutes!) or after I take my multivitamins. I can't change that. I take them at night, and I try to have something in my stomach before I take them, but they still get me every time. As far as more energy- yes I am less tired than a few weeks ago, but I still need a nap after work. And I've finally got it in me to study for my CNRN exam (to become certified in neuroscience nursing) so that's a great sign. I should have been studying for months now but these first few months left me feeling anything but interested in studying. My test is in October, so that will have me very busy 'till then.
Baby is about the size of a peach now. The intestines which have been growing inside the umbilical cord are now moving into their permanent position in the baby's abdomen. The muscles in the walls of the digestive tract are now functional so baby can begin "practicing" the movements required to push food from one portion of the tract to another. The baby's vocal cords are developing this week and the hard palate that divides the mouth from the nose is formed.
Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OK - Hit the books and read out loud - might as well give your future nurse/doctor a head start now that (he) can hear. Luv ya!
Thanks mom. I knew I could count on you to make me stick to my word!
I'm soooo excited for you!!! Thanks so much also for having the kids over. They really enjoyed it!
I love you,
Chelsea
Post a Comment