
We finally decided on our bottles! We've chosen Dr. Browns BPA free plastic, not glass, bottles. After reading the reviews from moms as well as consumer reports, we came to our conclusion. Baby's kicks are getting stronger every week. The newest routine is kicking mommy in the bladder. I can't believe we are down to double digits... just 97 days to go! Sometimes that still seems so far off while other times I think, "are we ready for this?!" I think once Baby's room starts to come together it will seem like more of a reality. We're so excited, but nervous at the same time. Sometimes I lay in bed wondering where I'll be when my water breaks or what labor is going to be like. That's also where I was when I decided since none of the baby bedding we've seen is really jumping out at us that I should make it myself. We were going to go to Tammy Tadds quilt shop in Sycamore today to pick out fabric, but they're closed on Sunday. She has the cutest fabrics there- perfect for a baby's room. I can't wait to get started... with some help from my mom, of course.
I started to read my new book; so far so good. I've been on the Baby's R Us website a lot since I finished my test. I think I'll be able to take a break from that now too and get back to reading. We just renewed our gym memberships. I'd like to get in the pool, but... would it be offensive to see a pregnant girl in a two piece bathing suit? I won't fit in my Olympic suit anymore, but I have a nice Nike racer back top and bottom that I could throw shorts over. I think that's what I'm gonna have to do- I can't see buying a maternity bathing suit to use a few times, not to mention I don't know where I'd find one this time of year. I'll find out soon enough. It might work to my benefit- maybe I'll clear out the pool and have it all to myself. (Really, there's never that many people in there anyway).
Baby is 14 inches now and weighs two pounds. Baby will start to gain about a half pound per w
eek now. It's eyelids are beginning to open, so baby can see now. Although, I guess there's not much to see in there... The guesses are flying in as to it's sex. Due to the shape of my belly I get a lot of "girl" guesses, but others guess "boy" because I'm carrying pretty low. The string and pencil say boy-boy-girl as does the ring on a necklace say boy-boy-girl... but the Chinese calendar says it's a girl. We picked out a few items of clothing; they are all very neutral. Really just a few layettes and pj's as well as some caps and socks to get us through the first few months.
eek now. It's eyelids are beginning to open, so baby can see now. Although, I guess there's not much to see in there... The guesses are flying in as to it's sex. Due to the shape of my belly I get a lot of "girl" guesses, but others guess "boy" because I'm carrying pretty low. The string and pencil say boy-boy-girl as does the ring on a necklace say boy-boy-girl... but the Chinese calendar says it's a girl. We picked out a few items of clothing; they are all very neutral. Really just a few layettes and pj's as well as some caps and socks to get us through the first few months.SO EXCITING!! I can't wait to set my eyes on this baby for the first time. I can't imagine what it will feel like when that moment finally arrives!

1 comment:
OMG......the Chinese calendar was right for me. It was spot on for all my other girlfriends too! I think it's going to be a mini Joelle!!!! YAY! More BFF's. So exciting. I can't wait.
Post a Comment