Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 23, 2008

"Oh my goodness!"

On Tuesday we had our 28 week appointment. Baby's heart rate was in the 140's- normal. I gained 4.5 lbs in 4 weeks, much better than the previous month when I gained 9. Christian asked Dr. Heimburger if we could have our moms join us in the room to see the ultrasound; he said that would be fine. We were very excited to ask them, and they both said yes. So, on December 18th, they'll be able to see their grandchild for the first time! No peeking, though. We all have to look away when they look down by the legs!
We've been looking all week for fabric for Baby's bedding. What a chore! Unfortunately, nothing really caught our eye... we'd think we found something and then on second thought we didn't like it anymore. It's really hard to plan something neutral that would seem to be just right for a boy or a girl. In fact, it was really easy to plan for a boys room, but as soon as we imagined a girl in there, it just didn't seem feminine enough. So after hours and hours of searching on line and at quilt shops and fabric shops from Sycamore to Schaumburg with the help of my mom, I think we decided to wait to see if Baby is a boy or a girl, and then take another look at baby bedding. So, no sewing project for me- I'm disappointed, but at the same time, I hate to put all that work into something that isn't exactly what we want.
Christian had a great experience the other night; we fell asleep and he found me to be asleep on my back a few hours later. He woke me up and asked that I roll onto my side (not supposed to sleep on my back) and slipped his hand under the side of my belly when I rolled over. I fell right back asleep but I kept hearing him say "Oh my goodness!! J-do you feel that?! Oh my gosh!! J- are you feeling this?!" (This went on and on; he said I would sort of respond every now and then but he knew I was sound asleep). Apparently, Baby was really moving "crazy style" as we like to refer to it. He said it was such an awesome experience, especially since it was really time for just him and Baby, since I was asleep for the whole thing. He couldn't get over how Baby was poking at Christian's hand for about 15 minutes straight. Last night, we were cracking up because when I lay on my side at night, these movements are just unbelievable- it felt like a mini earthquake in my belly; it kind of tickled too.
My dad and father-in-law saw me today and both were a bit suprised at my size! While at my parents house my dad said, "What the heck happened?! Did you swallow something really big, or what?!" and then at my father-in-laws, he said "My back hurts just looking at you, you're so big". And I still have plenty of time to grow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey mama you look beautiful! and your hair looks long!