Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just 9 more weeks!!

These next weeks are going to fly by! I can't believe we are down to 9 weeks until our due date! I remember looking at Amanda's blog months ago and thinking how amazing it must feel seeing that baby ticker on the second to last month... and here we are. It seems like just yesterday we got the voicemail that we were pregnant, and now we are weeks away from meeting Baby T! This has been so amazing- and now I anticipate the next series of events.


I think a lot about the delivery and how fortunate we are to have so many friends who have shared their stories with us about delivery and what to expect, as well as what they didn't expect at all. The men have shared some pretty awesome stories too- I love hearing our friends explain to Christian what was the most amazing time of their life- the delivery of their first child. What's interesting is to hear how many of them recall the most terrifying moment being the car ride home. Getting baby in the car, knowing you're on your own now, and then shaking at the steering wheel bearing the responsibility of this life in the back seat.


Just a short time ago it seemed like we had forever to plan and prepare for Baby's arrival. Now Christmas is here and we are preparing for the holiday while trying to squeeze in dates to work on the nursery as well as take our classes in preparation for the baby to join us. We are so busy, and I am getting SO tired.


Last week we got together with friends to watch Mexico's Oscar De La Hoya fight Philippine's Manny Pacquiao. Here's a picture of our very own Mexican and Filipino in traditional wear just after Manny was announced the winner since Oscar couldn't take the punches anymore and quit! (We love you Leo). We had so much fun. The atmosphere was complete with Mexican and Filipino flags and decorations as well as a Mexican and Filipino feast!


We went to the Bull's Game last night and Lola got to feel Baby kick! Baby officially has an outfit for each of Daddy's favorite sports... ooh, except golf. We'll have to work on that. We had a nice time- I had the standard taffy apple for dessert... well, half of it. And Baby wanted to try Daddy's fruit tart too. So I ate half of that as well. You'd never tell though by looking at me- HAAAAH! I love when people are so polite and say, "Oh, Joelle, it is all baby!! You look great." Really? 'Cause if this baby weighs 43 pounds and I still have 9 weeks to go, I have a big problem on my hands.


We are really excited for Thursday, it's the day of our ultrasound! We haven't seen Baby for 12 weeks, and Grandma and Lola will be there with us to get a sneak peak at their next grandchild. We can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking so forward to Thursday! Thank you for including us. Mom

Amanda D. said...

It's going to go by Super fast...we are so excited and you look GREAT!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you! I remember those last weeks. It seems like it was just yesterday for me but 31weeks was more than half a year ago now...wow time goes by so fast! I can't stress how much you should sleep now. Don't feel guilty about leaving the dishes for a bit to catch a snooze. 'Cause once baby T is here, bye bye sleep. I'll catch up with you at work