Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 25, 2008

And Sweet Pea, too...

We had our 24 week visit to Dr. Heimburger yesterday. We both like him a lot. He's patient with us and answers all our questions without ever making us feel uncomfortable, stupid, or like we're wasting his time. He has a nice sense of humor and has been very supportive of us and our needs. We've seen him for most of our visits and keep our fingers crossed that he'll be able to deliver Baby T.


Baby continues to grow as expected, and then some. My belly should measure about 1cm for every week of pregnancy. I'm 26 cm and just 24 weeks pregnant. Doctor says we're normal though- it's just an estimate. I'd rather be a little big than too small. Baby's heart rate was 158 and moving lots as usual. We've started a new movement pattern this week. Baby wakes up with me when my alarm goes off and moves around until I decide to get out of bed. I usually have more movement after breakfast while I'm on my way to work, then again after lunch. Baby sleeps until around 9pm, when it's pretty active for about an hour. Baby settles down again when I go to bed, and then... WAKES ME UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! I found that I was waking up in the middle of the night for no reason this week- it was weird; I didn't need to use the bathroom, but I found myself awake and with Baby kicking. At first I thought it was a coincidence, but then I realized Baby is waking me up with it's kicks. That's fine with me though; that's a great thing to wake up to!


Our next appointment is in four weeks and then they increase frequency to every two weeks after that. We'll start to have weekly appointments at about week 35 until Baby is born!


We had our annual Halloween party at Vince's today. It was great, as always. He started a haunted house last year and decided to have an even bigger one this year. He actually builds it next to his house and it is amazing. I thought I weaseled my way out of it this year (I get really scared), but at the end of the night he brought me in with the lights on and after the hired help had gone home. It really deserves recognition, it's excellent.


Mom was a witch, Dad ended up a "college student", Mark was a gynecologist, Marla was Baby Valentino the Filipino Tolentino, Vince was Chuckie, Sandy was the bride of Chuckie, Shane and Branden were scary dudes, and Andrew was... a banana or a yellow blob or... well he really wasn't sure either; but he was big and yellow. We celebrated Shane's birthday too, so he had a bunch of friends over and family was there as well.
Just "eatin' me spinach!"

2 comments:

Amanda D. said...

That is just awesome! He should charge admission. I would love to see that. Cute costumes.

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!!!!