Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 20, 2008

So, are you excited??

Hi there everyone!

Today is Monday, October 20, 2008 and we are officially into our 23rd week of this journey. I wake up each morning feeling so happy! And I am so thankful to God for blessing me with good health, a good job, the most wonderful family, best friends, two great and crazy dogs, the most beautiful wife, and of course, the little baby that is growing inside of her. We are quickly approaching the end of the 2nd trimester and I have to keep reminding myself to embrace this experience. It is going by way too fast. But then again, the quicker it does go, the sooner Baby will be here!

Baby started to move and kick several weeks ago. But it wasn’t necessarily that easy for me to be part of it. It seemed like every time Baby started to move, Baby knew I was coming and would start the little game of cat and mouse. By the time I was able to place my hand on her belly, the baby would say, ‘haha! Made you get off your butt!’ I would wait for a while and then grow increasingly impatient within a few minutes, only the have Joelle say, “Christian, you have to wait. You can’t just expect to have the baby start kicking as soon as you come over.” Well, um, okay. But isn’t that why you summoned me over in the first place? I get it though!

During those times that I have felt Baby kick, it makes my eyes get really big and makes my heart beat a little bit faster. It is so ridiculously amazing to know that there is a little person that Joelle is carrying around in her belly. We went to see Dirty Dancing for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary and the Baby was dancing to the music. Hopefully we get out to a Bears football game to see if it shows the same (hopefully more) enthusiasm as it did for the play. You can almost bet that each night, at around 9:00pm, Baby will know it is close to bed time for Joelle and find that comfortable spot for the rest of the evening. I can’t wait to hold the Baby for the first time.

The second, most popular question that I get is “do you think it is going to be a boy or a girl?” I do not typically give the standard, “I don’t know. All I hope for is a healthy baby,” answer. Obviously, that goes without saying, but in all honesty, I can say that I have felt from the beginning that it will be a boy. Don’t ask me why, who my resource is, or where I get my information from because I do not know. The overwhelming majority of family and friends continue to support the ‘It’s going to be a girl campaign.’ Which again, is fine by me. And in case you were wondering what the post popular question I get is, please see the title of this Entry!

In conclusion and the spirit (no pun intended) of Halloween, I thought it would be fun to share some Halloween pictures with you. It is definitely one of our favorite days of the year! The first time I met her family was Halloween! I was invited to the house in Itasca and was told that I would not be allowed in without a costume. Can you imagine a Filipino cowboy walking into the house with a 10 gallon hat? It was definitely a day that I will never forget. It was on that day, my father-in-law (F.I.L), being the bright and intuitive person he is, was Right On when he started planning our wedding date. This is Halloween '03 (just meeting the family).

Take good care everyone! Thanks for sharing in our experience. Thank you Mom, Dad, Mama G, and F.I.L. for all of your love, support, and prayers. We love you!

-Christian
Halloween '02 (just friends)

Halloween '05 (just married)

Halloween '06 (just flying)



Halloween '07 (just catching ghosts)

Halloween '08... JUST HAVE TO WAIT 'TILL NEXT WEEK!


4 comments:

Amanda D. said...

OMG.......I LOVE you guys. You are awesome. Nick and I love Halloween too...and you guys are so cute and creative with your costumes. Can't wait to see you soon.

Amanda

Anonymous said...

So, ARE you excited? Harty, har, har!
Love you both and baby too.

Anonymous said...

what happened to the ghostbuster passed out in the car? LOL

Pamela said...

You guys are a riot. I can't wait to see you in November! :)