Your thoughts and prayers have helped us through this wonderful journey. We could not be any happier and feel so blessed to have a healthy and beautiful baby boy to have joined our family. Thank you for your love, support and prayers; without them we would not be where we are today.
With love,
Christian, Joelle and Ty

At last, we call ourselves a family!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Shopping for Baby T.

Baby's been moving around like crazy. There's a pretty predictable schedule going on... Around 7am the fun begins- baby settles around 9am. I notice a lot of movement when I get home from work too, and then more around 8:30pm when I lay down on the couch. Baby's about 3/4 of a pound and is around 10.5 inches in length. It can hear us when we talk or sing, so we do quite a bit of that. Baby was jamming to "Chocolate Factory" today on the way to Home Goods. (Not so sure how I feel about that in retrospect.) It is funny though how many hip hop songs are written for "baby"... Typically not appropriate for a true BABY, but some do convert quite well.

(I've gained 23 lbs; let's move on to the next subject.)

It's been a busy two weeks... we've started to pick out items we'd like to register for and have been furniture shopping like crazy. We're trying to get as much done as possible since studying is the priority from now through November and then the holidays will be creeping up on us.

Although it's been fun, it certainly has been a lot more work than we had anticipated. It's not just about picking out cute things... they first have to be safe, then we have to see how other parents rated them. So I have had my heart set on a few items; they are rated well for safety, and cute too, and then I get home and read parent ratings and find out the items are just not practical or don't quite do all the manufacturer had intended. So then back to square one.

And then bottles- forget it! I could read about bottles for the next four months and still not know which brand to purchase. All this controversy and new information about the need for BPA free bottles, then the hype about the glass bottles (not sure how I feel about this yet), and then the question "to vent or not to vent", oh- and the nipples... gotta be good nipples too. Just when you think you've got it figured out, somebody starts talking about the benefits of disposable liners in the bottles. And how many do you need of each size? Really, I could go on and on.

The baby's room is starting to get some more attention too. My dad and Christian are going to pick up a crib and armoire tomorrow; we also found a dresser that we love. It's not part of the set, but it's a beauty. If it's not the look we like once they're in the room together, we've got some back up plans. In the end we may just get a piece that is a match to the armiore and crib. We'll see- our minds are open. Christian has been looking for decorating ideas and found a nice color scheme he's excited to show me at a Geneva shop, hopefully during the week.

We have reached our goal of keeping the pups off the couch- we still really want to pick them up and cuddle them while we watch TV, but we know it's best for all of us that we don't. I'm pretty proud of them and of us too! (I know they still probably jump on when we're not home, but as long as they aren't jumping on when we're there, we've had success!) Yeah, Pacey and Riley!

My mom had this shirt made for me... I love it! I've been waiting for the weather to cool off so I could wear it. Thank you! (Christian wants to know when his will be arriving.)


No comments: