I found a beautiful crib bedding set yesterday- it was on sale! Only $520 for the bumper pad, crib sheet, bed skirt and blanket. HAAA! That reassured me; I'll be making my own. $520???? Not necessary. Especially considering the short time it will be used and that my king bed which I'm guessing is 5-6 times bigger doesn't cost near that much. But it did give me some ideas... I think we're going to pick the material on Thursday. Yeah!
I finished The Lucky One yesterday; it was a good story. I have started The Kite Runner- recommended by Ashley. It was between that and My Sisters Keeper. After reading the back cover, it seemed like The Kite Runner was the better of the two for someone who needs no help in the crying department. I've been pretty emotional this week- probably the most emotional I've been since the very early stages. Like my mom said, I have more time on my hands now and that leaves more time for thinking, and thinking too much tends to get the best of me. The best is when I was home alone on Friday watching The Baby Story on TLC. This woman is in labor- her wacky tobacky husband is wearing a search light on his forehead. He actually had it on, and blinking while she is SCREAMING in labor, trying to push this baby out. I mean, SCREAMING, and GRUNTING and MOANING. I'm sitting on the couch, crying because I'm imagining what this moment is going to be like. At this same time, I'm saying out loud, "Oh, I'd kill him. No he is not wearing that light on his head". All the while laughing out loud because it really is very funny that he has the nerve to wear this blinking light on national television while his wife is in labor. If I had video footage of what I looked like on the couch, someone might admit me to a psychiatric unit for unstable behavior. I recorded it for Christian to see, and was happy to see it had somewhat of an affect on him as well. I'm telling you, you'd think she was delivering a small farm animal. He said, "no... you won't be making those noises, will you?". I'm not excluding ANY possibilities.
As for Baby's developments... it now has eyelashes, opens and closes it's eyes, can hear us both, has a defined sleep and wake cycle, has taste buds, and will probably start to get the hiccups in response to mommy's food choices. So I guess that means I need to take it easy on the spicy foods. Baby definitely knows daddy's touch now. It seems like as soon as Christian puts his hand
on my belly, Baby kicks him back. We played this game yesterday- Baby's feet are on my right side and if we pushed in on my belly right by the feet, we got an immediate response with a kick back. It's unreal. I knew we were bonding with this baby, but I never imagined we could be this in love with someone we've not been able to lay our eyes on yet. We could not be any happier. Period.

3 comments:
Aw! I love reading the blogs! (And by the way- love that photo of Christian... are you dancing?)
You look so fricken cute!!!!
89 Days!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it! God's continued blessings to all 3 of you. L U A L
Post a Comment